MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable, mobile, and flattering, with more room in the chest; a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth; a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort; and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft goose down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
Models shown are 5'9" to 5'11" tall, wearing size S/4, L/12, or XXL/18.
- Windproof recycled 20D ripstop polyester shell
- StormRepel® Super DWR, our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) goose down, certified by Control Union 851564 More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Microtherm construction—streamlined, micro-channel design for maximum thermal efficiency and compressibility
- Stretch side panels—increase breathability and mobility, and create a trim, active fit
- Zip hand pockets secure essentials, keep your hands warm
- Secure zip chest pocket with media port—take your music to the mountains
- Stows easily—packs into chest pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- Two interior stash pockets—ideal for gloves or goggles
- Length, Reg Small: 25" | Weight: 11.7 oz | Down Fill Weight: 2.7 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% recycled polyester shell | 95% polyester/5% spandex panels
- Yes, I recommend this productwanderwomanGender FemaleHeight 5'5"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsSuper warm and breathableNov 14, 2021
This jacket was great on a recent hike in the Great Smoky Mountains. Sub freezing weather and kept me warm and toasty - It seems so light but it really did it's job. EB recommended XL based on my purchasing patterns, but I had to exchange it for L which fit much better. Super cute and so pack-able when you need to shed a layer. I rarely give reviews, but EB has excellent trekking apparel.
- Yes, I recommend this productStephanieSMGender FemaleHeight 5'1"Type PetiteActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Easy Care, Quality, VersatileConsLove this color!Nov 5, 2021
Love this coat. Just the right weight for Virginia most of the cool season. If I had a magic wand, I would make the arms just a bit looser for sweaters under the jacket. I get so many compliments on the blue color!
- Yes, I recommend this productHave Boots Will TravelGender FemaleHeight 5'4"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsGreat JacketNov 5, 2021
Light, warm, clean lines, and efficient. Great versatile jacket for almost any weather conditions. Packs into chest pocket beautifully. When it dips too low (-15 to -20) , it's great with layering.