MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable, mobile, and flattering, with more room in the chest; a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth; a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort; and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft goose down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
Models shown are 5'9" to 5'11" tall, wearing size S/4.
- Windproof recycled 20D ripstop polyester shell
- StormRepel® Super DWR, our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) goose down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Microtherm construction—streamlined, micro-channel design for maximum thermal efficiency and compressibility
- Stretch side panels—increase breathability and mobility, and create a trim, active fit
- Zip hand pockets secure essentials, keep your hands warm
- Secure zip chest pocket with media port—take your music to the mountains
- Stows easily—packs into chest pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- Two interior stash pockets—ideal for gloves or goggles
- Length, Reg Small: 25" | Weight: 11.7 oz | Down Fill Weight: 2.7 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% recycled polyester shell | 95% polyester/5% spandex panels
- Yes, I recommend this productAllyGenderHeight 4'11"TypeActivityWalkingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsGreat Jacket for a Variety of WeatherJul 11, 2021
I wanted a versatile jacket for in between weather and travel. I have a heavier EB down jacket and the Lodge Coat for extreme cold. This is a perfect jacket. I can layer the Eddie Bauer vest of the same type under it and wear it on very cold days. I might use it for MI spring skiing days that are 35 to 40 degrees as well. Mostly it will be worn for daily walks and around town or travel. It is shaped so it is flattering and not boxy. I am small boned and weigh 103 pounds and am 5 feet 11.5 inches tall and bought a size XS. It is roomy. A petite would have fit better, especially in the arms but the XS Regular gives me room for a down vest if desired and it is a little longer so it covers my seat for added warmth. I ordered the teal green which is a beautiful color. I always get hoods on my jackets so I don't have to bother with hats.
- Yes, I recommend this productStrawberryTXGender FemaleHeight 5'2"Type PetiteActivityCommutePros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsLight jacketJun 28, 2021
I am 5'2", 110lb, purchased xs and it fits perfectly. I am looking forward to wearing it in Texas winter.
- Yes, I recommend this productMel dGender FemaleHeight 5'10"Type TallActivityCampingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsPerfect!May 22, 2021
Perfect for and high quality. It's my second purchase of this same coat :)