MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable, mobile, and flattering, with more room in the chest; a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth; a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort; and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft goose down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
Models shown are 5'9" to 5'11" tall, wearing size S/4, L/12, or XXL/18.
- Windproof recycled 20D ripstop polyester shell
- StormRepel® Super DWR, our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) goose down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Microtherm construction—streamlined, micro-channel design for maximum thermal efficiency and compressibility
- Stretch side panels—increase breathability and mobility, and create a trim, active fit
- Zip hand pockets secure essentials, keep your hands warm
- Secure zip chest pocket with media port—take your music to the mountains
- Stows easily—packs into chest pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- Two interior stash pockets—ideal for gloves or goggles
- Length, Reg Small: 25" | Weight: 11.7 oz | Down Fill Weight: 2.7 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% recycled polyester shell | 95% polyester/5% spandex panels
- Yes, I recommend this productAnaGender FemaleHeight 5'2"Type PetiteActivityLeisurePros ComfortConsGreat jacket!Oct 15, 2021
LOVE this jacket! This is my second purchase. I live in the northeast. I needed something warm and not bulky because I'm in and out of the car a lot. It's super light weight and warm. I bought a petite large which is a size up for me so that I can layer underneath. I wear this to the gym, to cart my kids around, food shop (don't sweat in the store while shopping and don't freeze while unpacking groceries) and hiking. I have worn this to hockey and football games. I took this on a trip to Alaska ( didn't want to travel with a bulky coat). I layered a long sleeve thermal and radiator fleece underneath this (rain jacket over) and stood on a glacier and dogsledded and was warm. I have worn this for three seasons nearly everyday for several years. It has worn well and does not owe me a penny. This jacket is cute, versatile, lightweight, warm and packable! It's a little pricy but I bought on sale with a coupon.
- Yes, I recommend this productRobynannGender FemaleHeight 5'1"Type PetiteActivityLeisurePros ComfortConsBeautifulOct 10, 2021
Gorgeous color, peacock although my Canadian girlfriend calls it Petrol. I am thrilled with the look and the weight.
- Yes, I recommend this productWrenGender FemaleHeight 5'8"Type PlusActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsIt fits just rightOct 10, 2021
It is very warm and I can wear it with almost anything.