BC DuraWeave Alpine Pants
- First Ascent
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Secure Pocket
The most technically advanced and durable women's alpine pants we've ever built. Super-rugged DuraWeave fabric, engineered with CORDURA® nylon in high-abrasion areas, stands up to the most punishing use and demanding terrain. Fully seam-sealed, three-layer WeatherEdge® Flux nylon shell, powered by eVent® technology, delivers complete waterproof protection and superior breathability. Designed with our team of world-class alpine guides. Nothing tougher on the mountain.
Models shown are 5'9" to 5'11" tall, wearing size S/4.
- StormRepel® Super DWR: Longest-lasting moisture-shedding finish
- Comfortable Waist Design: Integrated, removable webbing belt, and partial elastic at back for no-gap fit
- Extended Side Zippers: 7/8-length reaches almost to waist for maximum venting and easy on/off
- Single Thigh Pocket: Positioned on side of leg for comfort while kicking steps
- CORDURA® Fabric Reinforced Hem and Instep: Maximum durability
- Metal Grommets At Hem: Allows you to use a cord to secure cuff over boot while boot packing in deep snow
- Classic; A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% nylon
- Yes, I recommend this productCatherineGender FemaleHeight 5'2"Type PetiteActivityCommutePros Easy Care, Quality, VersatileCons Poor FitGreat pantsJun 11, 2021
These pants are definitely worth the value if you are in extreme cold conditions. I got these and they kept me WARM- definitely great for someone who is a wimp in the cold like me. Pros are that the quality is incredible, so it is very well made; as well as very warm! Cons are that for short people like me (I'm only 5'2" so most things are long on me anyways) it's definitely not short people friendly. Additionally, the pants material are very loud when walking. It sounds very crinkly, so just know it's a bit annoying in that aspect. But overall, they're great quality pants! I just wish they came in petite!
- Not a curvy galGender FemaleHeight 5'3"Type RegularActivityClimbingPros Tough waterproof materialCons Cut is relaxed and too wide at the ankle, No way to adjust, XS is fits very largeFitness meter label is largeFit:SmallLargeNon curvy lady needs xxsJun 14, 2018
I ordered the XS based on the size chart online (the product is not available in store in Canada). It fits very large and the legs are very wide and the fit of this product is obviously for someone who is curvy. The pants are very baggy on me in spite of being "XS". I would need a XXS. The legs are straight cut and very wide - not good for mountaineering where catching your crampon on your pants leg can be fatal if you trip. There is no way to adjust (ie a zipper or snap that would make it a slimmer profile). There is no articulation at the knees, which would be a great feature, given all of the extra material that one has to contend with. A well made product, but the material is very stiff and in the cold it is very loud and crinkly when you move. The only redeeming factor in my purchase is that I will use them in extreme cold conditions where I will need to wear more bulky layers underneath to keep my legs warm.