Mountain Ops FreeFuse™ Stretch Parka
- First Ascent
- StormRepel DWR
- Fill Power
Highly durable, yet extremely lightweight and soft, this parka is built for active and rugged use. What sets it apart is the FreeFuse construction. Traditionally, inner and outer layers of fabric are stitched together and then quilted with additional stitching. But this parka is made with a single sheet of fabric that's folded over and woven together into channels to hold the down. This cutting-edge technique saves weight, maximizes breathability, helps reduce cold spots, and minimizes down migration.
In addition, the Mountain Ops uses two forms of FreeFuse channels to create a distinctive look. The hood, upper body, and sleeves have 4" continuous channels. The lower body has narrower, discontinuous channels. High-loft Premium Down throughout ensures maximum thermal efficiency.
Models shown are 6'0" to 6'2" tall, wearing size M/32x32.
- StormRepel® DWR finiish sheds moisture
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Adjustable hood with bonded brim
- Three pockets
- Articulated sleeves for enhanced mobility
- Adjustable cuffs
- Continuous underarm panels allowing extended reach when lifting arms
- Length, Reg Medium: 30.5" | Weight: 24 oz | Down Fill Weight: 4.9 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 85% nylon/15% spandex
- Yes, I recommend this productBarryGender MaleHeight 5'8"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsStylish & PracticalJul 17, 2021
Moving from Florida to the Great Smoky Mountains next year and after much research with many companies, I decided on this jacket/parka. The 800 fill power was the main reason I chose this one, coupled with the fact that it's not big and bulky, and somewhat stylish. I all fairness, it hasn't been tested yet, but it fits great and is quite comfortable. TIme will tell, but at least I'm ready!
- Yes, I recommend this productJackGender MaleHeight 5'9"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsGet this coatMar 25, 2021
The coat is light weight yet warm and comfortable. I tested this coat in the low 20 degree with one shirt under and did not feel the cold air. I am very please with this garment.
- Yes, I recommend this productDude from GoldenGender MaleHeight 5'11"Type RegularActivitySkiingPros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsGreat Jacket for Active PursuitsDec 10, 2020
Great jacket, EB! This jacket is light, sheds water, and WARM! Have skied three days with it and work around town. Last week I skied in low 20's with only a tech T underneath. I was warm. In colder temps, a fleece sweater and/or puffy vest underneath would seal the deal. Jacket is very comfortable and stretchy. Down stays put due to stitching and insulates well. Wind blockage is superb. Would definitely buy again. Great piece for your arsenal and stylish to boot!