Storm Ops Parka
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- StormRepel DWR
- Ultra Durable
The next generation of our winter workwear, Mountain Ops is built on rugged tradition and state-of-the-art innovation. The new version of our Storm Ops Parka combines full-on waterproof protection, super tough materials and construction, and premium, continuous filament PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation Hi-Loft for superior performance during hard work in the harshest conditions.
An important note on the use of a culturally appropriated term in this product description:
Eddie Bauer has replaced the term Sherpa with Faux Shearling as part of our company-wide effort to remove culturally appropriated designs, terms, and names from current and future products. Sherpa refers to an indigenous people native to Tibet and Nepal in the eastern Himalayas of Central Asia. Learn more about our efforts here
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
Models shown are 6'0" to 6'2" tall, wearing size M/32x32.
- 2-layer waterproof ripstop nylon shell
- 500D 2-layer waterproof nylon canvas overlays at shoulders and sleeves
- StormRepel® Super DWR—our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- Body-mapped PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation Hi-Loft: 140g in body, 100g in sleeves
- Action back and articulated elbows for maximum mobility in shoulders and arms
- Secure zip hand pockets with faux shearling fleece at knuckles for warmth and to limit grime build-up
- Dual top-entry snap-close pockets, sized for notebook
- Two pen pockets on left chest
- Interior secure zip chest pocket with media port
- Two interior stash pockets
- Insulated, 2-point adjustable hood is hinged to drop away when not in use
- Low-profile, snap-adjust cuffs for safety when working with machinery
- Adjustable drawcord hem dials in fit, seals out cold
- Average length, Med: Reg 33": Tall 35"
- Classic; A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% nylon shell | 100% polyester lining
- Yes, I recommend this productCovewormerGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivityWear to WorkPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsgreat work jacketApr 1, 2021
Great jacket, I am 6' and 200lbs and the jacket still has room for layers and the length is good. I was afraid I might need a tall but not at all. Just a solid work jacket if you need pockets and pens. Tough but lightweight and warm. I have received several compliments on it being a good looking jacket. The attached hood is insulated and the pockets are lined.
- Yes, I recommend this productOzGender MaleHeight 5'7"Type RegularActivityWear to WorkPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsDurable warm jacketMar 19, 2021
I wear this jacket every day. Good for hiking on a weekends or my daily activities in winter. This is my 4th winter. Maybe it's time to get new one 🤔.
- Yes, I recommend this productJayGender MaleHeight 5'11"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsGet this coatMar 2, 2021
I was looking for a mid-weight, winter/3 season coat that can handle what I was looking for. This definitely fit the bill. The outer layer appears bullet proof and I suspect could handle brush, rocks, water, wind, rain (I did the sink test on the sleeve and so satisfying watching the water bead up, flow off and be totally dry after), snow and scuffs with the best of them. I'll be completely protected during my dog walks, hikes and whatever else I throw at it. Details are spot on: stitching, zippers, many usable pockets, overall features and the snaps on the storm flap and sleeves are solid and tight. I've worn it a few times in the colder Michigan weather with no trouble. I would recommend layering with a fleece or thermal layer. Here's the tricky part for me. I wasn't really sure on sizing as I didn't want the coat too big. I have a smaller frame, 5'11" about 163 lbs, athletic/runner build. I ordered the small and then panicked it would be to small. The small actually fits well and I can still layer without it being overly tight. I think the medium would surely offer more room but may end up being more baggy for my liking. I got it on sale which was a bargain, if not, spend the money and get it as others have said also. I really like the PrimaLoft insulation as it doesn't add bulk like a down fill would. Overall, extremely well made and again, excellent job on the quality and detail.